Email or electronic mail is nowadays the fastest medium of communication. Email is fast, reliable, can be stored and can even be done by a smartphone.
What is Webmail?
Webmail is the type of an email system in which a user can access their emails via a browser on any computer or device that is connected to the Internet.
Hotmail.com login or Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo mail, AQL mail etc are some common examples of Webmail.
Purpose of Email:
Email is a message that is sent digitally in an electronic format from one computer device to another. They are flexible and can be sent in either text form in multimedia form.
Emails can be used to give instructions in the form of documentation. It provides confirmation of receiving, communicating rules and procedures, status update, making a recommendation or can be used as an inquiry.
Importance of Email over snail mail of papers:
Email, like used in Hotmail.com or Outlook is more protected and private than paper mails. They can be stored over an infinite period of time as a recorder. Biometric email privacy services are used to protect emails from attackers and threats.
Email creates fast and reliable means of communication which is almost free and can be accessed even from a smartphone.
They allow people to send long-lasting, long- distance communication in seconds.
Benefits of using email services:
Emails like Hotmail or Outlook are delivered at an extremely fast speed. There is no match in terms of speed when it is compared with traditional post service. They can be sent 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, unlike traditional post service which has a fixed time.
Emails can be sent and received from any computer, anywhere in the world, that has an Internet connection or can even be browsed by a smartphone.
Why most of the workplaces have an email now?
In any workplace like government offices, corporate offices, factories etc. communication is an important tool because it allows companies and offices to produce effective, accurate and productive work. Fast and effective written communication helps to keep records and history of the communication. Because of the increase in productivity and efficiency of employees, the morale of employees also increases.
Neither there is very less chance with the broken chain of communication with email nor, there is any chance of malpractice like tampering of the communication.
Email communications make a company or an organization works with a faster pace, hence results in the increase in yearly turnover.
Tips to make your Emails effective and acted upon:
A report in the USA, suggests that an average office worker gets as many as 80 emails in one working day. So, there is a high chance that your email might be overlooked.
Here are some of the tips to make your email noticed and acted upon:
- Don’t over communicate by email: Before dropping mail, think twice that whether the email is really necessary or the matter needs a phone call for one to one discussion. Don’t overuse email on the same subject as your mail can be forwarded or deleted without even thinking by the receiver.
- Make good use of subject lines: A blank subject is very likely to be ignored or reported as “spam”, so use a subject as a headline which will grab attention and summarizes the mail.
- Keep messages clear and brief: Message in email should be clear, precise, directive and informative. Keep language simple and understandable.
- Be polite: Use formal language, be professional and write politely.
- Check your tone: Show your positive attitude. Be careful about the choice of words and grammar while using an email.
- Proofread: Take a deep breath and proof read your email for spelling, grammar, punctuation, tone, language etc before clicking send button.
This post has been seen 272 times.